• Registration days for St. Elmo Jr.-Sr. High School and Elementary School are Aug. 6-7, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Seventh-grade orientation for all seventh-grade students and parents in the Jr/Sr High cafeteria-Aug. 17, 6 p.m.
All students, including those new to the district and district students who attend classes in Vandalia, should register Aug. 6 or 7. Junior-senior high students enrolled in physical education classes are required to wear P.E. Uniforms. Uniforms can be purchased at registration for $12.
School-time accident insurance coverage is provided at no cost to the students by the St. Elmo School District. Twenty-four-hour accident coverage is available at an additional cost.
No student will be allowed to take a driver’s education class unless the $75 fee is paid. Students owing outstanding fees from the previous year will be required to pay those fees at registration.
Registration Fees will be:
• K-6, $50 book rental.
• 7-12, $55 book rental; $10 towel and lock Fee; $8.50 student handbook.
• Lab Fees: Junior high science $10; eighth-grade vocational $15; Physical Science $15; Intro to FCS $15; Biology I $15; Culinary Arts $15; Biology II $15; Driver Education $75; Chem I $15; Technology $15; Chem II $15; Agriculture $15; Physics $15; Band/Chorus Fee (7-12) $15; Accounting $15; Business/Tech Concepts $15; PE Uniforms $12; Computers Concepts $15; Okaw Vocational $30; Desktop Publishing $15.
All fees are to be paid at the time of registration. Make check payable to St. Elmo School District #202.
Lunch fees: K-6 30 cents milk; K-8 free breakfast; K-8 free lunch; 9-12 $1.25 breakfast; reduced price breakfast 30 cents; 9-12 $2 lunch; reduced price lunch 40 cents; 9-12 30 cents extra milk.
Students entering kindergarten, sixth grade and ninth grade, as well as any out of state registrants, must have current physicals. Included on the health exam form are: Diabetes Screening, Lead Risk and TB Skin Test. In addition, all students entering kindergarten, second grade and sixth grade are required to have dental exams. Also per new law, all children entering kindergarten or upon first entry into an Illinois school beyond kindergarten are required to have an eye examination. Physical, dental and eye exam forms are accessible at any medical office.
All kindergarten students not previously registered must present a certified birth certificate from the county they were born in, immunization records, social security card, current school physical, eye exam, and dental exam.
All athletics participants must have a physical by the first scheduled sports practice. All new residents and current students with a change of address must submit evidence of residency as per school board policy, which may be obtained from the school office.
• The hours of attendance Tuesday, Aug.18-21, are: Elementary School 8:20 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Jr/Sr High School 8:12 a.m.-2:06 p.m.
• The hours of attendance beginning Monday, Aug. 24: Elementary School 8:20 a.m.-3:10 p.m.; and Jr/Sr High School 8:12 a.m.-3:16 p.m.
• Parents of new students will be notified of transportation arrangements prior to the first day of attendance.
• First day of attendance for special education will be Tuesday, Aug.18, and vocational students who attend classes at Vandalia will be Wednesday, Aug. 19.
• High school athletic admission charges for basketball and volleyball regular season home games are: adults $4, students $3 and seniors over 60 $3. Tournament admission for Jr./Sr. High games will be per IHSA regulations. St. Elmo Holiday Tournament game admission will be: $4 for adults, $3 for students and $3 for senior citizens.
Junior high athletic admission charges for basketball and volleyball regular season games are: adults $3, students $2 and seniors over 60 $2.
Fifth- and sixth-grade athletic admission charges for basketball, volleyball and tournaments are: adults $3 and students $2 and seniors over 60 are $2.
The district will issue a family pass that will allow any family member free admittance to all home games in either Brownstown or St. Elmo gyms at a price of $100 for the entire family (excluding tournaments). Family passes must be purchased at the unit office of either the St. Elmo or Brownstown School Districts. There will be a student athletic participation fee for all athletes grades 5-12: one sport $50, two sports $75 and three sports $100 per student. Fifth- and sixth-grade cheerleading participation fee is $25.
Registration for Brownstown Community Unit School District #201 will be on Aug. 6, 8 a.m.6 p.m., in the elementary cafeteria
• Grades K-6: $95
• Grades 7-12: $120
• Okaw: $7
• Driver education: $50
• P.E. Uniform: $17
• Biology II: $111
• Strategies for Success: $27.90
ST. PETER LUTHERAN
St. Peter’s Lutheran School and Little Saints Preschool will have registration for the 2015-16 school year on Thursday, July 30, 9-1 p.m., and Friday, July 31, 3-7 p.m.
Registration for the 3- and 4-year-old classes will start at Little Saints Preschool and end at the school office. Registration for K-8 classes will take place at the school office.
Enter at the main entrance door.
Information regarding the school calendar, a school supply list, application for financial assistance, Parent-Teacher League events, sports schedules and an updated school handbook will be available.
Parents enrolling preschool children or new students at St. Peter’s are to provide a complete health immunization record. School physicals are required for preschool, kindergarten and sixth grade students (may be submitted by Aug. 31).
A sports physical will be needed by students participating in softball, baseball, volleyball and basketball.