ATVs, ROHVs have rules for on-road use

-A A +A

Under certain conditions and only for purposes of farming, farmers are allowed to operate all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and Gator-type vehicles of limited size on county and township roads
Those vehicles may not be driven on state highways or city streets, however. And a driver's license is required for on-road operation.
Until, 2010, ATVs had been prohibited from anything more than crossing a public road unless a local ordinance provided further authorization.
Non-farm use of ATVs on public roads is still prohibited.
Vehicle Types

If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Leader Union, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 2 pages per month.

You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

The Leader-Union | circulation@leaderunion.com | 618-283-3374
P.O. Box 315, 229 S Fifth Street, Vandalia, IL 62471
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday