If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The Fayette County State’s Attorney’s office could be getting an additional prosecutor. That decision was approved at the board meeting held Tuesday, June 1 at the Vandalia Moose Lodge #1447.
Under the items continued from the Finance Committee, the board approved a request funding for the hiring of an additional prosecutor as presented by States Attorney Joshua Morrison.
Also, approval was given for the Sheriff’s Office to sell three vehicles, a 2012 Dodge Charger, a 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe and a 2010 Ford Crown Victoria. Bids should be dropped off at the Sheriff’s Office before 9 a.m., Thursday, July 1.
In other business, the board:
• approved the reappointment of Larry Sporleder as a trustee for the Farina Fire District for a term of three years;
• approve the reappointments of Doug Knebel to the ETSB and Zac Stombaugh and Kim Bouser as Public Safety Agency Reps, all for three year terms;
• approved the appointment of Katherine Hayes of Ramsey and Pamela Parrish of Shobonier as members-at-large, for a three year term to the Fayette County Board of Health;
• approved the low bid of $76,279 from Effingham Asphalt Company, to upgrade the railroad crossing just east of Hagarstown;
• approved the low bid of $136,288 from Depew and Owen Builders Inc., of Centralia, to upgrade the railroad crossing just west of Bluff City on 1050 Street, and
• approved a list of banks to collect Real Estate and Mineral Taxes for the Fayette County Treasurer’s office.