If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Evans Public Library in Vandalia is again open to the public.
Librarian Jessica Blain announced last Wednesday afternoon that the library would reopen to the public this Tuesday.
The library has been open for curbside pickup only since Nov. 20 due to Tier 3 mitigations and the rising number of COVID-19 cases in this area.
Hours of operation for Evans Library are: 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Thursday; and 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday and Saturday.
Masks will be required for all staff and patrons, including children, ages 2 and above.
For those who can’t wear a mask, library services will include curbside pickup; online resources for books and audio books at www.evanspubliclibrary.org; and free Wi-Fi out front of the library.
The meeting room is closed, and there are no immediate plans for in-person programs.
Know Before You Go Guidelines
• Curbside pickup is still available.
• Patrons are asked to use the outdoor book return, as returned items must be quarantined for 72 hours.
• Leave bags in your vehicle.
• Sanitize your hands upon entering the building and sanitize your hands often.
• Masks or face-coverings will be required for everyone 2 years of age and older. Bandannas, non-medical masks, scarves, and cloth may be used. The library has free masks available for anyone who does not have one.
• Patrons are asked to keep a safe distance; for example, one person per aisle in the stacks while looking for books. Maintain a distance of 6 feet at all times.
• There is a 60-minute limit per patron per day for browsing, checkout and other services.
• Computer use limited to one 60-minute session per patron per day
• Printing, copying and faxing services will be available.
“Thank you for your patience and understanding,” Blain said. “We are working to keep the public and the library staff as safe as possible.”
For more information, call the library at 283-2824 during regular business hours or email [email protected]