The unofficial kickoff to the 2020 holiday season is this weekend with this year’s edition of Olde Tyme Christmas.
The weekend gets under way at 5 p.m. with the annual “Meet at the Tree,” the city Christmas tree at Gallatin and Seventh streets.
Following the tree lighting is the annual Rotary Club Christmas parade at 5:15 p.m.
Also scheduled for 5 p.m., until 9 p.m., are:
• Horse carriage rides.
• Soroptimist Cookie Walk, city hall, north entrance.
• Fayette County Art Connection art show, city hall, south entrance.
• Shop with a Cop magic show, 509 W. Gallatin St.
• Live reindeer, city lot across from city hall.
• Letters to Santa drop-off station, city lot across from city hall.
• Food trucks, Fifth and Gallatin streets.
• Live entertainment, 401 W. Gallatin St.
• Christmas Market & Fashionista Avenue, 201 S. Sixth St. and former Family Video at 625 W. Gallatin St.
• Santa and Mrs. Claus will be reading stories at Charters Patio at 5:45 p.m.
• Greater Fayette County Chamber of Commerce Ugly Sweater Contest is from 5:45 p.m.-7:30 p.m., 527 W. Gallatin St.
Olde Tyme Christmas is from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, with the Christmas Market & Fashionista Avenue, carriage rides, Soroptimist Build a Snowman, carolers, food trucks and live entertainment.
Also on the holiday schedule are:
• Friday, Nov. 21 – ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas registration opens.
• Monday, Nov. 21 – Festival of Trees, 5 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 5 – Christmas wreath-making class, 2 p.m.
• Monday, Dec. 1 – Christmas paint party.
• Saturday, Dec. 12 – Polar Express pajama party, 10 a.m.; and ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas judging opens.
• Saturday, Dec. 19 – Decorating cookies with Mrs. Claus.
• Saturday, Dec. 26 – ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas judging closes.