The 81st annual Elam family reunion will be held on Sunday, Aug. 4, at the Mulberry Grove Community Building.
A potluck dinner is at noon, and those attending are asked to take a dish to share and their own table service.
The descendants of Herman and Effie Dothager gathered at Rogier Park in Vandalia on July 4, with 42 attending.
Those attending were:
• Vandalia – Edward Dothager; Deloris Sarchet; Phil Dothager; Nathan, Jessica, Gracie and Benjamin Dothager; Dwight and Julie Dothager; Robin and Diana Dothager; and Monte Freeman.
• Bartonville – Terri Ingles.
• Mulberry Grove – Jerad, Amy, Adie, Amanda and Josh File, Erma Freeman; and Elaine Choma.
• Pocahontas – Danny and Jan Dodson; August Dothager; Jerry and Terry File; and Erin Largent.
• Highland – Justin Church.
• Altamont – Roger, Belinda, Mindy, Ravyn and Shelby Bowman.
• Flora – Rick and Nicholas Freeman; and Vivian Duquaine.
• Smithboro – Wesley, Courtney and Carson Dothager; and Gerald Dothager.
• Litchfield – Wanda Marit.
• Greenville – DaOnne Pustelnik.
• Butler – Rick Lane.
Traditional homemade ice cream was served after the potluck picnic lunch, and Monte Freeman and Dwight Dothager provided musical entertainment.
The 75th reunion of the descendants of Thomas C. and Mary E. Atwood was held on Saturday, June 29, at Rogier Park in Vandalia.
Esther Cunningham gave the prayer before the noon potluck meal, and there was a lot of catching up and conversation among the cousins.
A business meeting was held later. In the absence of reunion president, Connie Grubaugh led the group in the Lord’s Prayer.
A reading of last year’s gathering was read, with no corrections of additions.
Elected as officers for 2020 were: Charlotte Atwood, president; Mary Marchello, vice president; and Connie Grubaugh, secretary/treasurer.
No births were reports.
One death was reported – David Fleming of Litchfield on Aug. 6, 2018.
One wedding was reported – Elizabeth Orr, daughter of Jennifer and Kevin Orr and granddaughter of Bill Hunter, to Alex Greff on March 16, 2019.
Wanda King was the oldest present, and Melody Freeman was the youngest.
Connie and Tom Grubaugh traveled the furthest.
Prayer by Tom Grubaugh closed the meeting.
Next year’s reunion will be held on June 27.