Saturday, October 17
• Following St. Mary’s Catholic Church 5:30 p.m. Mass, a wiener roast will be held at the rural home of Ed and Mona Durbin to welcome the Rev. Marek Kasterczuk. Those attending are to take a favorite dish to share.
Sunday, October 18
• Boy Scouts will be collecting new or gently used shoes of all types, sizes through this Sunday.
• Sunday Night Live youth group will have a wiener roast from 6-7:30 p.m. at the home of Jeffrey and Summer Maxey.
Monday, October 19
• Historical Vandalia Inc. 6:30 p.m., Fayette County Museum, Vandalia.
Wednesday, October 21
• Reverb youth 56, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; and Reverb youth 78, 6:45-8 p.m., at St. Elmo Christian Church.
• St. Elmo Board of Education, 7:30 p.m., unit office.
Christian Church Youth
St. Elmo Christian Church Youth appreciates those who participated in its Road Rally that was held Saturday, Oct. 3, and the donors: Mary Ann’s Restaurant, Casey’s, St. Elmo Food and Serenity Therapeutic Massage. It was a great success made possible by many.
Friendly Neighbors ate lunch Oct. 6 at Mary Ann’s Restaurant. Those present were Bob and Joanne Owen, Irene Reed, Larry Reed, and R. W. and Mary Smith.
The group is going to help a needy family or person for Thanksgiving – thbe cost of the meat will be taken out of the treasury and those attending the Tuesday, Nov. 3, meeting at Mary Ann’s Restaurant are to take an item for the meal.
Present for the Lunch Bunch meeting held at noon Oct. 8 at Mary Ann’s Restaurant were Wayne and Sandra Lovett of Brownstown, Pat Porter of Farina and Karen Denning, and Arlin and Lillian Grobengieser, and Anna Jean Rhodes of St. Elmo.
The Council of Catholic Women met the evening of Oct. 6 in St. Mary’s Catholic Church Parish Hall and answered roll call with “What do you like best in the fall?” October is month of the rosary. Cards were signed for shut-ins.
After the Oct. 17 5:30 p.m. Mass, a wiener roast will be held at the rural home of Ed and Mona Durbin to welcome Father Marek Kasterczuk. Those attending are to take a favorite dish to share.
Chick Kuebler served refreshments of apple cake, nuts, candy, coffee and tea to Helen Bergman, Karen Denning, Mona Durbin, Libby Kessel, LaVonne Kramer, Mary Myers, JennieAnn Heischmidt, Pat Porter, Carol Rine and Betty Springman.
Wright’s Corner HCE
Wright’s Corner Unit of Home and Community Education met the afternoon of Oct. 7 in the Loudon Town House. Roll call, “What is your favorite Halloween costume?,” was answered by Carol Austin, Kate Jennings, Mary Smith and Helen Wright.
Austin gave the special feature lesson, “Reflexology,” and the major lesson, “Health Insurance for People 65+.”
For a unit project, items for veterans will be collected at the Nov. 4 meeting.