Golden Circle Nutrition Program, located at 616 W. Jackson St., Vandalia provides meals in a comfortable setting to people 60 years and older and their spouses. There are no income guidelines or any type of restrictions besides the age limit. Meals are prepared by Deb’s Catering of Altamont and delivered fresh daily. The suggested donation is $2.60 for meals.
Call the site director, Sharon Harris, at 283-1040 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. the day before you wish to eat there. Meals are served at 11:30 a.m., Monday-Friday. All meals are served with choice of milk, coffee, iced tea, and water.
There will also be at least one activity weekly, such as movies, senior exercise class, bingo, holiday parties, games, music and crafts. May 8 will be the program’s Mother’s Day Party. There will also be a monthly drawing for a door prize, with attendees earning tickets for every meal and every activity in which they participate.
Menu for May 4-8
• Monday – Meatloaf, baked potato, green beans, apricots and whole grain roll.
• Tuesday – Chicken enchilada with sour cream and cheese, Mexican-seasoned rice, refried beans, tossed salad with tomatoes and lime Jello with pears.
• Wednesday – Broccoli cheese soup, crackers, half a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread, apple cabbage slaw and fruit cocktail.
• Thursday – Chicken and dumplings, baked potato, succotash, peaches and whole grain roll.
• Friday – Chicken salad with fruit on croissant, broccoli cauliflower salad, cold tomatoes and angel food cake with strawberries and topping.