Tuesday fire guts Vandalia home

A fire early morning destroyed a home in the northwest area of Vandalia on Tuesday.

Vandalia firefighters were called to the home of Trey Stine and Sara Milburn at 420 N. First St. at 2:53 a.m., and upon their arrival within seven minutes of the call, firefighters found the home fully involved in fire.
Vandalia fire officials believe that a fireplace being used as a heating source may have caused the fire.
Officials estimated the loss at $35,000, with damage to the home – which was undergoing renovation work – at $20,000 and the loss of contents at $15,000.
Firefighters were at the scene for a little more than three hours, and were called back about an hour later for rekindling in several areas.
Twenty-two firefighters responded to the call.

Vandalia Firefighters Tyler Westendorf and Tyler Montgomery battle the early morning fire on Tuesday that destroyed the home on North First Street owned by Trey Stine.

Zac Stombaugh

Leave a Comment