Thursday, November 15
• Soroptimist International will meet at noon at Ponderosa Steakhouse in Vandalia.
• An American Red Cross blood drive will be held from 12:30-4:30 p.m. at Faytte County Hospital. All presenting donors will receive a St. Louis Rams T-shirt.
• TOPS IL 1872, Ramsey, will meet at the Christian Church in Ramsey. Weigh-in is at 6 p.m., and the meeting is at 7 p.m. For more information, contact Tami Washburn at 283-4664.
• Al-Anon will meet at 8 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church on Fillmore Street in Vandalia.
Friday, November 16
• The annual holiday show and sale at Artworks Gallery, located at 301 W. Main St. in Vandalia, runs from Nov. 16 through Dec. 9. Featured items will include fine art, holiday decorating, greeting cards and gift items. The gallery is open from 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 1-4 p.m. on Sundays.
• The South Central Booster Club will host a chili supper before Spirit Night at the school, with serving from 5:30-7 p.m. The cost is $7 for adults and $5 for students. The all-you-can-eat menu will include chili, hot dogs/chili dogs, peanut butter sandwiches, carrots and celery with dip, cheese, crackers, desserts, milk, tea and lemonade. Booster club T-shirts will be available for $10 each.
• Vandalia Main Street’s Olde Tyme Christmas is from 5-8 p.m. in downtown Vandalia. The evening will include a lamp lighter at 5:30 p.m., community tree lighting at 6 p.m., children’s story time at 6:30 p.m., strolling carolers, a live nativity scene, free horse-drawn sleigh rides, pictures with Santa, chestnuts roasting on an open fire and chainsaw-carved ice sculptures.
Saturday, November 17
• A free Christian rock and folk concert will be presented by ‘Mercy’s Child’ at 7 p.m. at Christian Hideaway, 516 W. Gallatin St., Vandalia. Donations will be taken at the door.
Sunday, November 18
• The Fayette County Health Department Hospice will hold a memorial service from 2:30-4 p.m. at First Church of God on Thrill Hill Road in Vandalia. The agenda will include memorial prayer, songs and candlelighting, as well as a reception and a balloon release to close the service. To submit names for the service, contact the health department, 283-1044.
• The annual turkey supper and country store sponsored by the Ladies of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church will be held in the St. Peter Lutheran School gym, with serving to begin at 5 p.m. The cost is $7 for adults and $3.50 for children, with children under 3 years of age served free of charge. Carry-outs will be available for 50 cents extra.
Monday, November 19
• The Vandalia Economic Development Commission will meet at noon in the former city hall, 221 S. Fifth St.
• The Vandalia City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the council chambers at the former city hall, 221 S. Fifth St.
Tuesday, November 20
• The Vandalia Rotary Club will meet at noon at Ponderosa Steakhouse.
• The Vandalia Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. in the district’s administration center.
• The Fayete County Health Department will hold an adult flu shot clinic from 8-10:30 a.m. at Harmon’s Market on Veterans Avenue in Vandalia. The cost is $35 or Medicare Part B for flu shots, and $45 or Medicare Part B for pneumonia shots.
Wednesday, November 21
• A Project Parenting playgroup for children up through 5 years old will be held from 10-11 a.m. at First United Methodist Church, St. Elmo.
• A dance for seniors will be held at 7 p.m. at the Patoka Service Center, 210 W. Bond St., Patoka. Admission is $5.
• Bible Blitz will be held from 7-8 p.m. at Parkview Free Methodist Church, which is located at 1507 W. Jefferson St. in Vandalia, for all children age 3 through sixth-grade age. Bible Blitz includes Bible study, music, crafts and games. The church also offers a youth group for junior high- and high school-aged students, as well as an adult Bible Study. All gatherings are open to the public.
• TOPS IL 2020 will meet at 5:45 p.m. in the Fayette County Hospital conference room. Weigh-in is from 5-5:45 p.m.
Thursday, November 22
• The Vandalia Ministerial Alliance will serve a free community Thanksgiving meal from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the American Legion Home, located at 321 S. Seventh St., Vandalia. No reservations are required. To make transportation or delivery arrangements, call First Baptist Church in Vandalia, 283-0313, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on any weekday before Wednesday, Nov. 21.