The numbers are staggering:
• Almost 60 percent of sophomores in Fayette County have tried alcohol or regularly drink it.
• Almost half of them have tried cigarettes or currently smoke.
• 15 percent have tried marijuana or use it regularly.
• 36 percent have been sexually active before the age of 17, of those, only 15 percent say that they always practice safe sex.
• Almost a third reported feeling "sad or hopeless" for two weeks or more in a row.
The stories on the kiosks for St. Elmo, Brownstown and Vandalia, though briefness was a necessity, seem to get to the heart of each of the towns, both through the text and photographs that compose the panels on the kiosks.