- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• An officer responded at 12:42 p.m. to a complaint of a dog running loose in the 100 block of North Hudson Street. An officer left an ordinance warning at a residence in that block.
• An officer responded at 1:23 p.m. to Vandalia Junior High School for a report of a fight. A juvenile was issued a ticket for fighting at school.
• Officers responded at 3:48 p.m. to a report of a suicidal individual at Travelodge. A male individual was taken by ambulance to Fayette County Hospital for treatment.
• Police received a report of harassment at 4:58 p.m. No further information was given.
• Police were called at 9:31 p.m. to Joe’s Pizza, 1227 N. Fourth St., for a report of employees being threatened by an individual with a knife. Zachary E. Rees, 21, 1531 W. Main St., Vandalia, was arrested on a charge of cannabis possession, and a male juvenile was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and breach of peace.
• Police issued two warning tickets for speeding and one warning for impeding traffic.
• Police issued Talma M. Brummet, 55, 1127 W. Johson St., Vandalia, a ticket for allowing a dog to run loose.
• Lindsay M. Weaber, 21, 212 W. 10th St., St. Elmo, was ticketed for speeding.
• Dalton E. Hanna, 20, RR 3, Vandalia, was ticketed for improper exhaust (no muffler), no valid proof of insurance and violation of classification.
• Officers issued two written warnings for speeding and one written warning for failure to dim headlights.
• Timothy J. White, 36, 201 Capitol Pointe, Vandalia, was ticketed for disobeying a stop sign.
• Officers began investigating a report of residential burglary in the 300 block of Grandview Drive.
• Terrance M. Wilkerson, 20, Fillmore, was ticketed for driving with expired registration and driving while his license is suspended.
• James Sanders, 38, RR 2, Ramsey, was issued a ticket for a parking violation in the alley between Jefferson and Washington streets.
• Police responded at 8:47 p.m. to a two-vehicle accident at Fifth and Johnson streets. According to police, a vehicle driven by a 17-year-old youth collided with a vehicle driven by Elmer Nordyke, 48, 2711 Lakewood Drive, Vandalia. The juvenile was ticketed for failure to yield at a stop sign.
• Police investigated at 11:28 p.m. damage to a vehicle parked at Vandalia Elementary School. No further information was given.
• Police issued a ticket at 12:08 p.m. to Christine E.N. Carter, 23, 102 Southview, Vandalia, for driving a vehicle with an expired registration sticker.
• Police investigated at 9:46 a.m. a fraud complaint involving a mystery shopper organization.
• Police ticketed Tiffany M. Marshall, 25, RR 2, Vandalia, at 5:46 p.m. for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.
• Police issued one written warning for an illegal left turn.
• Police received a complaint at 6:30 p.m. of a person trespassing at a residence in the 200 block of North Adams Street. No further information was given.
• Police responded at 7:54 p.m. to a report of a man threatening another individual with a gun. Police arrested Matt A. Jones, 41, 539 S. Elm St., Vandalia, on a charge of unlawful use of a weapon.
• Police responded to a complaint of an unruly patron at Cages, 215 S. Third St. According to police, Tiffany J. Holland, 28, RR 1, Vandalia, was told by the owner to leave the bar, and after she allegedly returned, police arrested her on a charge of trespassing.
• Police responded at 4:59 a.m. on March 18 to a two-vehicle accident in the 700 block of Veterans Avenue.
According to police, a vehicle driven by Shawn M. Denton, 35, Shumway, hit a tractor-trailer in front of him. Police said Denton then attempted to pass and ran off of the roadway to the right. Denton was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol and was ticketed for illegal passing and operating a vehicle with an expired registration sticker.
• Police received a report at 5:04 a.m. on March 18 of a vehicle stolen from the 1400 block of West St. Louis Avenue. No further information was given.
• Police received a report at 4:50 p.m. of vandalism at Vandalia Lake lot No. 81. No further information was given.