- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Beginning next Thursday, state Sen. Kyle McCarter (R-Lebanon) will begin using videoconferencing technology to help him stay in touch with constituents in the 54th Senate District.
“The new virtual office hours are not a replacement for regular office hours at my Vandalia district office,” McCarter said.
“Rather, they are an attempt to further increase communication with constituents across a geographically large district that time and distance might normally prohibit.”
The 54th District comprises all or part of eight counties; Bond, Clinton, Effingham, Fayette, Madison, Marion, St. Clair and Washington.
McCarter said when possible, he hopes to be at the satellite locations in person. However, when the Senate is in session or his schedule does not allow, he will be sending a member of his office to set up and conduct the videoconference using a computer.
The location and regularly scheduled times are as follows:
• CPI, 40 Commerce St., O’Fallon – First and third Tuesdays, 9-11 a.m.
• Carlyle City Hall, 850 Franklin St. – First and third Tuesdays, 1-3 p.m.
• Effingham County Farm Bureau, 1102 W. Evergreen Ave., First and third Thursdays, 1-3 p.m.
• Highland City Hall, 1115 Broadway, Second and fourth Tuesdays, 9-11 a.m.
• Nashville City Hall, 190 N. East Court St., Second and fourth Tuesdays, 1-3 p.m.
• Bond County Senior Center, 305 S. Third St., Second and fourth Thursdays, 9-11 a.m.
• Sen. McCarter’s office, 310 W. Gallatin St. in Vandalia, second and fourth Thursdays, 1-3 p.m.
Current video and computer technology will allow a person to talk with and see the senator in real time.
“I encourage you to stay in touch. You are most welcome to visit my district office at 310 Gallatin in Vandalia, across the street from the Vandalia Statehouse, or meet with me at one of these satellite office locations,” McCarter said.
“Videoconferencing will enhance my ability to stay in touch with you on a regular basis. We are trying something new here and I’m excited to see how it works.”
The videoconferencing schedule will also be posted on McCarter’s legislative website at www.senatormccarter.com under the Contact Us tab. Area residents may also call the Vandalia District Office at 283-3000.