The fourth annual Vandalia Lions Club Car and Truck Show was held over the weekend at the Vandalia Lake marina campgrounds.
The first-place winners in the show have been invited to participate in the Best of the Best, a show from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Oct. 13 at Schneider Park in Brighton.
In the Vandalia Lions show, the vehicles were judged on: paint and finish; body, fenders and frame; wheels and tires; springs, axles, steering and undercarriage; top or roof; upholstery and interior; lamps and bright work; engine and radiator; wires, engine accessories, fluid lines, hoses, fan belt, etc.; and overall authenticity.
The winners in the Vandalia Lions show were:
• Class 1 – first, Jim Staff of Vandalia, 1924 Ford Model T.
• Class 3 – first, Ed and Sandy Good of Mattoon, 1949 Plymouth P18 Deluxe.
• Class 4 – first, Jim Staff of Vandalia, 1955 Chevrolet Chevelle; and second, Roger Bradley of Auburn, 1955 Olds S-88.
• Class 5 – first, Russell Gilbert of St. Elmo, 1968 Ford Shelby GT 350; second, Bob Heckert of St. Elmo, 1968 Buick Gran Sport GS-400; and third, Tom and Darlene Jackson of Mulberry Grove, 1969 Plymouth Sport Satellite.
• Class 6 – first, Tom and Darlene Jackson of Mulberry Grove, 1971 Plymouth Barracuda; and second, Brian Holaday of Vandalia, 1972 Ford Gran Torino.
• Class 7 – first, Don Sloan, 2012 Ford Mustang; and second, Marcia Heckert of St. Elmo, 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS.
• Class 8 – first (tie), Artie and Stacey Langson of Vandalia, 1935 Dodge five-window coupe, and Del and Bev Leigh of Nokomis, 1933 Chevrolet coupe.
• Class 9 – first, Paul Hedge, 1947 sedan.
• Class 10 – first, Dean and Marlene Parks of Hillsboro, 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air sport coupe; and second, Bob Bridgman of Findlay, 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air.
• Class 11 – first, Mike and Connie Tate of Newton, 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle SS.
• Class 12 – first, Jack Metcalfe of Jerseyville, 1967 Chevrolet Corvette.
• Class 13 – first, Roy and Nancy Zirges of Lake St. Louis, Mo., 1965 Ford Mustang.
• Class 16 – first, Terry and Lisa Robbins of Vandalia, 1965 Ford Mustang fastback; and third, Ryan Repking of Teutopolis, 1966 Ford Mustang.
• Class 17 – first, Ed Haas of Vandalia, 1973 Ford Mustang.
• Class 19 – first, Ed and Cindy Haas of Vandalia, 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500.
• Class 20 – first, Larry Lewis of Robinson, 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby Super Snake; and second, Dean Matzker of Vandalia, 1969 Ford Mustang.
• Class 23 – first, David Marler of Mulberry Grove, 1946 Jeep Willys.
• Class 24 – first, Rick Fair, 1961 Ford Ranchero.
• Class 30 – first, John and Brenda Bramly of Brighton, 1993 GMC Sierra; second, Lindell Ramsey of Sullivan, Mo., 2000 GMC Jimmy.
• Class 33 – first, Glenn Wissehr of Bethalto, 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser; and second, Sue Fritzsche of Litchfield, 2002 Chrysler PT Dream Cruiser.
• Class 36 – first, Don Winfield, 1973 Chevrolet Camaro; and third, Jim Cole of Vandalia, 1993 Saturn wagon.